Monday, April 20, 2015

Over 99,000 Reasons to Repeat

I am so very proud of being one of the 99,000 plus in attendance of the spring game. It brought a sense of accomplishment to my mind, but also a struggle as to how I saw the team. Collier did not look good during the game, making me wonder Urbans plan for him especially with the abundance of QBs on there way to Ohio State in the coming years. Cardale looked okay, but not as good as I thought he should, but than again most of the starting line was not playing.

I look at our Buckeyes and I see an accomplished team that has to act as though they have accomplished nothing. I think last years team will do a great job of showing the rookies, so to speak, that you can control your own destiny regardless of what outside sources say. I read the transcripts of post game interviews and couldn't help but see men (Cardale and Urban) that understand Champions are won by those who are never happy with what they see, never. Urban sees individual improvement, but not team, which to me is him saying, the potential is there it just hasn't been achieved yet. This is common to me considering our Navy and Virginia Tech team wouldn't have won at Penn State, Michigan State or Michigan. The critics would have been correct and Braxton was the key to our success. However, they were not correct because the potential was there given the right coaching and motivation, something this team is rich in. I don't see much of a QB competition to be honest. I think Cardale will win the job simply because he deserves it at this point, he's the healthiest, and at this point, not prone to any injury unlike Barrett and Miller. I feel as though every team that sees Barrett or Miller come onto the field will be aiming for their injuries.

All it will take is the perfect hit to either player and we are down to two QB's. Last year, after the Virginia Tech game, I felt that the ultimate match up would occur, that the Titans would collide in the First Ever College Football playoff, that the Rose Bowl would matter only so much to see who the winner of the Sugar Bowl would face. Something I saw in this team made me think they would win it all. This year, I see more of the same, we will have blow outs and close games. We will have games where we shake our heads, and games where the game will be boring before the second half starts. I honestly think we repeat and defend our title. You can call me bias all you want, but that's what I think and here's why.

(1) Having 3 dangerous QBs means every opponent has to prepare for three different threats. Barrett is accurate but can't throw as far. Miller is deadly on his feet, has a rocket of an arm, and hopefully more accurate. Cardale is a big man with a big arm. All three QBs make you respect the running game, all the while beating you down the field or in short passing plays. (2) If Braxton is the QB, he wants his ring and championship. It has eluded him since he came to Ohio State. (3) Urban is a tightly wound man and you can easily see it. You don't have know him to know he demands effort and perfection. He wants to defend and build a dynasty in Columbus, after all he'll be here til at least 2020. (4) As much as our opponents want to take us out, we still want to take out even more. There is no shortage of motivation on this team, and the thought of being knocked out of the title game before even getting there is a tremendous amount of motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment